Base On-line


Change of address – Vehicle Tax (IVTM)


To notify change of address at BASE offices the following conditions should be complied with:

  • The old or new address of the vehicle must be in a municipal area which has delegated this tax management to BASE.
    Consult your municipal area
  • This transaction can only be carried out by individuals. Legal entities should contact the Dirección General de Tráfico (Highway Administration).

Consult the requisites established by the Dirección General de Tráfico.


  • The request for a duplicate vehicle licence on change of address , signed by the applicant or their agent.
  • A photocopy of the applicant’s NIF.
  • A photocopy of the vehicle licence or permit of the vehicle.
  • A photocopy of both sides of the log book, confirming the vehicle has passed the required periodical inspections (consult calendar of tests).
  • If the request is made by an agent:

Additional documentation

  • When the new address is not stated on the DNI:
    • A certificate of registration at the new address, issued within the previous three months.
  • When a duplicate vehicle licence is requested:
    • A photocopy of the vehicle licence or permit.
  • When BASE has not been delegated to collect the IVTM tax by the municipal area of origin:
    • A photocopy of the latest IVTM payment
  • If the vehicle licence or permit has been lost:
  • If the vehicle licence or permit has been stolen:
    • A photocopy of the report to the police.


  • Agricultural vehicles are excluded from this transaction.

Related formalities